Hemp Processing Surety Bond

Hemp processing surety bond. We wanted to update you on the status of Ohio’s hemp program.

  1. Licensure: ODA will begin accepting applications for cultivating and processing in the very near future. Stay tuned for more information.
  1. Surety Bonds: ODA has received a large number of phone calls and questions regarding who needs a surety bond and how to obtain one.

Who needs one: Only processors are required to obtain a surety bond. Cultivators who are not engaged in any processing activities are not required to obtain a surety bond. Please note that the activity of processing and packaging of hemp flower, to anyone other than a licensed processor, requires a processing license.

How does someone get bonded: First, you will need to contact your insurance provider to discuss your planned hemp operation. A surety bond form has been created to better assist you and your insurance providers. The form is attached to this email. Please note, ODA recommends that you work with your insurance provider to discuss all aspects of your hemp operation.

  1. Background Checks: Please refrain from obtaining a background check until otherwise indicated. Individuals who obtain a background check now will likely have to go back and obtain a second background check. ODA will have more details later this week.

If you have any questions, please reach out to the Ohio Department of Agriculture Hemp office at 614-728-2101 or email us at hemp@ohio.agri.gov. Visit the Marketplace @ emshempnetwork.com

Hemp Processing Surety Bond

Leave a Reply